In PPC INTERNATIONAL SECURITY AND SAFETY SERVICES, SOFIA you will receive SPORTS MASSAGE THERAPIST QUALIFICATION FOR ONLY TWO INSTEAD OF FOUR YEARS!
In our college you will gain the necessary knowledge and way higher professional competence in comparison with the intensive courses for additional specialization.
You will be able to practice the profession of the Sports massage therapist along with those who have Bachelor’s degree.
If you have acquired the FOURTH DEGREE OF PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION IN THE PROFESSION OF SPORTS MASSAGE THERAPIST, you will be able to hold a position as a fitness instructor in every kind of sports organisations – legal entities, which carry out training, competition, organizational and administrative activity in one or several sports and which develop and promote physical education and sports (sports clubs, sports federations and national sports organizations). The fitness instructor can work in fitness clubs which develop and organise professional sport training (joint-stock company) - professional sports clubs or in non-profit organizations - professional sports clubs.
The Sports massage therapist performs his/her duties as a member of the professional staff in accordance with the regulations of the sports organization or company, in planning and carrying out the work activities specified by the employer.
General qualification aim of the training
Training highly qualified, competent professionals in the field of fitness, who professionally and effectively perform their duties in the training process and competition activity, and assist in the development and promotion of the sport.
Main disciplines in the curriculum
- Theory and Methodology of Physical Education and Sports Training
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Biochemistry and Biomechanics
- Knowledge of the Main Groups of Diseases
- Specific Training in all Types of Massage /classic, therapeutic, etc./
- Health and Ethical Aspects of Sports Activities
- Psychological and Pedagogical Training
- Basic Legal Training and Study of Rules and Regulations
- Sports Medicine and First Aid in Sport Injuries
Upon completion of the vocational training the candidates will:
- be familiar with the nature of the sport and its social functions;
- imply sense of responsibility when carrying out the instructions, directions and orders of the management of the sports organization (or company);
- understand their role in the activity of the sports organization (or company) where they work and always try to better their qualification;
- communicate effectively with the athletes, their colleagues and the management staff of the sports organization;
- be familiar with their rights and fulfill their duties as participants in the labor process in accordance with the Labor Code;
- be familiar with the economic governance of the country, understand the current economic relations, processes and events and make conclusions about the factors that cause them;
- find and store information on the computer, create documents with text, graphics and tables, find information on the internet and use electronic mail;
- be familiar with the laws and regulations concerning the education and youth, the physical education and sports and other legal acts that concern the work of the coach;
- apply the basic procedures as required in the event of natural disasters (fire, flood, etc.), terrorist acts or other unusual events at the venues where sports activities are held, in order to protect human life and the environment;
- understand and apply effective measures for the technical and cost-effective operation of sports and technical equipment, facilities and other equipment, as well as for their storage and maintenance;
- be familiar with the anatomic, physiological and socio-psychological characteristics and features of the human body and their change under the influence of sports training and competition activities;
- have knowledge about the age dynamics in the development of the human body under the influence of active competition training;
- be familiar with the nature of the sports training - basic concepts, training as a complex adaptation process;
- be familiar with the nature of the training load, fatigue, recovery and physical shape as a specific adaptation phenomenon;
- be familiar with the classification, means and methods of the sports massage;
- master the technique skills of the different types of massage and apply them properly;
- be familiar with the health, ethical and pedagogical aspects of the sport (sports injuries, bio-stimulation, nutrition, doping, etc.);
- be familiar with the main types of sport injuries and capable of providing first aid;
- possess basic knowledge of the main groups of diseases and the restrictions they impose on different massage techniques and means;
- ensure the safety and security of the athletes;
The training in PPC International Security and Safety Services in the profession of Sports massage therapist, specialty Sports massage therapy, provides high level of training and acquiring theoretical knowledge and practical technique skills for conducting different types of massage.
The vocational training is organized in suitable learning environment equipped with modern equipment and in conformity with the requirements of the profession. The practical training in the profession is done in real work environment – massage studios and health care centres, equipped with all the equipment necessary for carrying out highly effective training process.
Our lecturers and instructors have extensive practical experience and theoretical knowledge. There are two forms of studies – day-time and part-time. The duration of training is two years and upon completion of their studies the students take state examinations in theory and practice of the profession/specialty and obtain a Certificate for professional qualification for the profession of Sports massage therapist, specialty: Sports massage therapy – fourth degree of professional qualification. The document is valid in Europe.